Our first dish of Panamei Seafood’s #FeastofTheSevenFishes is here!
Served as an appetizer or main course, Clams Casino (Casinò di vongole) is a must-have dish for any celebration. We invited Chef Norma Berrios from @Ensalpicadas to delight us by adding her Latin flare to this delicious Classic.
1. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry them in a skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
2. When the bacon has released most of the fat and begins to brown, add the Panko, and mix well; continue cooking until it’s crispy. Remove from the skillet and reserve.
3. Preheat oven to 450˚ F.
4. Rinse the clams and open them. Discard any that are not at least slightly open.
5. Carefully remove a portion of the shells, so that the clam remains in one half only. Reserve.
6) In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and add the shallot. Sauté for one minute and add the garlic, cook for more 30 seconds, mixing well.
7. Add the clams and stir in the wine and the clam juice to the pan, mix and season with salt to taste.
8. Continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates.
9. While the clams are cooking in their sauce, add the oregano and Parmesan to the panko mixture with the bacon. Mix well.
10) Transfer the clams to a baking sheet and pour the sauce over each clam and top with the Panko mixture.
11) Bake 5 minutes.
12) Transfer the clams to a serving dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.